Pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

Highlights

I don't have my pictures uploaded yet because my camera battery died, but I am working on charging it now. We are currently reading a weather forecast for the next few days and it is hilarious. This is why.

"THE UPPER LEVEL LOW WILL THEN RESIDE RIGHT SMACK IN THE
MIDDLE OF THE STATE."

"THERE IS NO DOUBT THAT IT WILL BE A VERY GOOD COLD SPELL
THAT IS NOT ONLY LIKELY TO RIVAL THE ONE PREVIOUSLY FELT IN THE
MONTH BUT LIKELY TO SURPASS IT IN TERMS OF EXTREME LOWS. THERE IS
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THAT SUGGESTS MOVEMENT OF THE COLD AIR OUT OF
THE AREA FOR A MINIMUM OF A WEEK."

"THE LOW LYING TYPICAL COLD AREAS THAT WILL BE CLOUD FREE WILL
LIKELY SEE TEMPERATURES IN THE 60S BELOW...OR COLDER IF THE
CURRENT MODELS MAINTAIN THE TREND. THIS WILL BE A VERY INTENSE
DEEP COLD."

It is a good thing we got our sledding in today before the cold weather rolls in. The hill doesn't look very steep from the bottom but once you get to the top it is a little frightening. Mostly it is frightening because the hill is covered in small trees. We are using the giant inner tubes and the only way you have to slow down is to drop your butt through the hole into the snow. On my first run I did this a lot because I'm kind of a pansie like that. For my second and final run Hanna and I decided to go on one tube together. There was speculation that this would slow us down and we would get stuck fairly quickly. This was not the case. We flew down the hill in an uncontrollable way, because two butts didn't fit in the center of the inner tube to slow us down in the snow. Also, we spend the entire run spinning around or going backwards. If we were about to hit a tree we never would have seen it coming. Eventually we got to the end of the sled run that had been carved out and we were both flipped off the tube into the snow. All of the above was amazingly fun. I didn't have my camera but the other four were all taking photos, and Steve even has video, so I'll try to get some of that in here eventually.

Oh and we saw three moose today. I didn't get pictures of those guys either, but I think Erik and Steve did. I am good for nothing lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment