Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

The email I just sent to my housemates:

So here is a good story for you all. Possibly this is not a story you will be thrilled to hear, but at least you didn't have to experience it.

Last night, Greg turned off the kitchen light. And no more than 5 minutes later I went back into the kitchen to get a glass of water. Turned on the light. Started to round the corner. Spotted a BAT on the floor directly in front of the refrigerator, panicked, and ran into the living room. I managed to get Greg's attention (funny what a little screaming will do), who managed to cover the bat with the white basket that is now on the front porch. He slid some cardboard under it, and took everything outside. He tried to fling the bat into the woods, but from what I understand it mostly just rolled out onto the ground. And it was still there this morning, either dead or just about dead.

Soo, I don't really know how a bat got into the barn, or how he decided to nearly die just in front of the refrigerator. Greg is guessing he hit it. I don't know what to think. As far as I can recall, we have never had a bat inside the barn, although I think I remember a story of one in the barn the year before I moved in.

2 comments:

  1. And don't forget the bat in the dome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should check the door in my old room. Make sure it's shut completely! :)

    ReplyDelete