Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Love of Contra

Recently I polled my facebook friends with the prompt:
Friends who love contra dancing:
Please tell me one (short) reason Why you love contra dancing.
(I am fine with repeats if your top reason is already posted.)
I didn't get a very strong response, but the responses I got were great and much appreciated. This is what they were:
 It's such a joyous thing to do!
spinning/twirling
Dancing with you and all the nice people who like dancing!
‎"There is something just so RIGHT about it" Testimonial from Ted via. Peggy Pegster
 I was particularly excited about the last one, because Ted was a great dancer who was always at all the dances. He died (unexpectedly) of a heart attack in the spring. And I totally agree with him that there is something just so Right about it. I've been trying to think of a concise way of describing why I love contra. This is what I've come up with: 
It is an incredibly enjoyable way to connect with people of all ages in a healthy and logical way.

No comments:

Post a Comment