Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Getting in touch with my inner Harry Potter

You know.
Harry Potter, Privet Dr., closet under the stairs.
Me, Wilder Hall, closet with a skinny door.

Here are some photos of my new digs. 


The above photo was taken inside the closet. It has a little bit of length to it, which is where I'm standing while taking this photo.  I moved in here at the beginning of the week in an attempt to find a quiet space with no people, so that I can concentrate on writing my thesis. Recently I have learned that I get so much more work done when I am away from all people. This is an important thing to know about oneself. Hence, the closet.


The sign outside the door says "rocket lab" but do not be fooled. It is a storage closet. Lucky for me, it came with a table. I don't know if you can see it in the photo, but there is some good nerd humor going on here. Some clever physicist put a point in the room number. I'm in the 'pi' closet.

I still have my permanent desk in a real office, where the majority of my stuff is. My plan is to use this table as a temporary work space. So far I am really pleased with my new "office" though, so I think I might manage to stay in here until I finish this thesis.

I told Greg I was going to paint a large window on the wall, with a nice outdoor scene, but he said no. Being all reasonable he pointed out that I moved in here to write my thesis, not to paint windows on walls.

2 comments:

  1. ah, i'm jealous. i wish i had a quiet space. our building is so packed with people that i'm considered lucky to be sharing an office with only 3 other people. and a window office for a grad student? ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, it's not JUST cool because you're getting in touch with your inner Harry Potter, but that does add to the coolness, for sure. :) Love your space. So much character!

    ReplyDelete