Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Pizza

The last time I made pizza, I had mistakenly thought we had a packet of yeast at home, but we really didn't. We did have brewer's yeast, so I found a recipe that used that and went for it. It was an okay pizza, but nothing extraordinary.

Tonight though. Tonight I made pizza, and it was extraordinary.


I've had great success using this recipe for pizza dough. In Sweden, they sell fresh yeast, so I changed to this recipe, except I didn't have any wine, so I just used extra water. One of my favorite unique pizzas is the apple, cheddar, and onion, but I haven't followed the recipe exactly recently, or maybe ever. So one of the pizzas had pesto, cheese, tomato slices, apple slices, sautéed red onions, and feta. The other pizza had pesto, cheese, tomato slices, yellow bell pepper, black olives, jalapeños, and feta. Also, we only have pie pans, so everything that goes in the oven gets put in a pie pan. And for these pizzas I did not regret that, and I think I'll never go back to any sort of thinner crust.

No comments:

Post a Comment