Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

New Bridge!

There is a new bridge in town, which is the talk of the town! We like the bridge because it makes our trip from work to Swedish class much nicer/shorter.
 

In true Swedish fashion, it is high-tech and awesome. We first heard that the bridge had opened at the physics and astronomy pub night. A group of astronomers arrived a bit later because they had to go out of their way so they could check out the bridge and do some "experiments". The bridge has a counter, which keeps track of the number of people who cross it. They ended up spending far too much time trying to figure out how it worked, because they wanted to know how accurate the counts were. And no matter how hard they tried, they couldn't get the bridge to count them more than once.


Here is the total count for the day and the week.


And also for the year (which basically means since it opened a few weeks ago). I also might have noticed that it keeps different tallies for each direction. I am not positive, because I was on my bicycle, and I didn't stop to verify my suspicions. But I am almost nearly positive that it keeps track of the two directions separately.



1 comment:

  1. What a bridge! And I do not blame the late-comers at all - that sounds like something I could spend a whole evening doing.

    Except that I would be disappointed with myself if I failed to quickly ascertain how it worked. And then how to trick it into counting me twice.

    ReplyDelete