Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Prague in photos

I did manage to take a few photos last weekend while I was in Prague. Enjoy.


Above is the outside of the National Theatre, where I saw The Nutcracker. A really lovely building with really lovely scaffolding. And below is the inside of the theatre. In Prague, you can just take any pictures you want (although I guess no one was taking photos during the actual performance) and you can just bring all sorts of food in with you. I think the people next to me were feeding their small child salami? That is what it smelled like anyhow.


Here we have the night-time view of Wenceslas Square (which is really a long street). On a Saturday night it is total chaos, with lots of hot wine and people who are not walking straight (I think due to oblivion to their surroundings, but I'm sure the hot wine doesn't help). This street is quite central, so I spent a good portion of my time in Prague with the song Good King Wenceslas in my head, except that I don't know any words not given in the title. And that made me think of the scene in Love Actually when the prime minister is carolling and the three little girls dance up a storm.


Here is the famous Charles Bridge, presented to you in patchy panorama style, because I like it that way. The day was quite dreary with a lot of fog and freezing rain (and dangerously slippery sidewalks). If you look carefully the Prague castle is visible in the left frame.


And the last photo is this really cool memorial. I looked it up after I got home, and it is to honor Jan Palach and Jan Zajíc. Although I must admit that laziness won, and I couldn't get myself to be interested in reading their wikipedia pages.



No comments:

Post a Comment