Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

spaghetti squash

It has been almost a year since I heard of and first ate spaghetti squash. A squash that acts like spaghetti noodles! What a strange and mysterious food!

In Sweden I am always checking the different stores to see if one will appear. Sometimes I think I spot one, but then it is just a melon that is exactly the same shape, size, and color as the spaghetti squash. So now that I am back in the States, you better believe I bought myself one of those!

Dagens lunch (today's lunch):

Photo on 5-13-13 at 1.16 PM

Also, it seems that there are a few ways to cook a spaghetti squash. Partly for documentation, partly for my own purposes, this is what I did. Cut the squash in half. Removed seeds/goop. Placed in baking dish, with the cut side up. Put a bit of water into the squash. Baked at 375F for 30 minutes. Probably I could have baked it for 35 minutes instead, but I am pretty okay with the 'al dente' variety.

I mostly followed this recipe, but since I was putting spaghetti sauce on my spaghetti squash, I figured it wasn't necessary to put oil, salt, and pepper on the squash.

Super simple. Super delicious. Super healthful.

1 comment:

  1. It's in the regular dinner rotation at our house. So good! I actually microwave it this way: Cut and scoop. Cut a thin slice off the back of one half so it sits flat in a baking dish. Fill hollow with some water. Place the 2nd half on top of the first, as it was before getting cut. Microwave for about 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete