Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

7QT - How many years did You go to school?

- 1 -

Yesterday evening it started pouring and I got really excited and I took 72 pictures, mostly of rain on windows. I haven't been using my camera much lately, so I was glad to see that the theme of next week's Theme Thursday was a theme I could really get behind. Water. I've missed some good themes these past two months, but water is one I will not be missing out on. No way. Probably about a dozen of the 72 will make their way onto the photo blog side of things here, but I haven't picked my favorite yet. Good thing I've got a week to decide.

- 2 -

Here are three outtakes, which do not fit the theme, but are photos I still like:

DSC_5944
DSC_5960
DSC_5982

- 3 -

On my most recent trip back from the States I managed to include the Gilmore Girls on the list of items which definitely must fit in my suitcase to bring back to Sweden. I think I'm going to use it as my rewards system for spending time doing Rosetta Stone lessons.

- 4 -

I did (nearly) sign up for the free Swedish for Immigrants course. They are changing the system around so they have a bunch of different schools where you can go. I need to choose which one I prefer and then I'm good to go. Or at least, ready to wait until the next round of courses start in August.

- 5 -

On the form, I had to write the number of years of schooling that I have had in my life, not including kindergarten.

t  w  e  n  t  y       t  w  o

That is just so much school.

- 6 -

My seven quick takes each week has sort of turned into me just writing about one or two things and then spacing it out with numbers every now and again. Cheating? Perhaps, but I am okay with it. And if I can get a photo in just one take, then I call it complete!

- 7 -

I feel like I need to start doing embroidery? I want to get in touch with my inner prairie-woman. Is there such a thing as embroidery that is not the same as cross-stitch? That is what I feel the need to be doing.

---- The End (and more)----

6 comments:

  1. There is a difference between embroidery and cross-stitch. I don't know how to embroider, but I do know how to cross-stitch.
    Twenty-two year is really more school than anyone should need. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! When I was a kid I wasn't really into cross-stitch, so hopefully embroidery will treat me better!

      Delete
  2. OK, so now I'm curious! What did those 22 years include? 12 of school, a 4 year degree, then what came next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is sort of a lot! 12 + 4 + 6 years for the phd (:

      Delete
  3. I recently also had to state my number of years in school. I was taken aback by it as well. You typeset that twenty two exactly how I felt when I stated it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear the typesetting was funny appreciated(:

      Delete